Leeland has been super involved in this pregnancy. I have never had this old of child, or this verbal, while being pregnant before and boy does that make a difference. It also helps his interest that his head is the exact height of my ever growing belly. Daily Leeland does the following things:
- Come up and kiss my belly
- Hug my belly and then try to wrestle the baby from the outside.
- Say “Hi Baby” in a very big voice. (The baby will either know Leeland well or maybe be a bit afraid of him.
- Declare that the baby is a boy and talk in great lengths about how he wants and needs a brother. He needs another “worker” in his room for clean up. That he already has two sisters. That dad doesn’t count because he isn’t little. Yes, Leeland has thought this one out. (For the record we don’t know the gender and won’t find out until the baby is here)
- Asking if the baby is hungry when I take my vitimins and supplements
- Ask if the baby is coming out
- Ask why it is taking so long
The other day he was sitting on my lap and he started naming different parts of my body: eyes, forehead, hands, fingers, ears, mouth, baby (stomach), and yes, when he looked at my breasts he simply said, “Feeders! Right mom these are the feeders for the baby?” Oh the joy of a three year old knowing lots and lots of things. Breast feeding should be filled with lots of fun stories.