A few years ago I created a pumpkin garland. I thought I would share this on my blog for others to enjoy! Look for a future post to see where we hung it up this year.
Here are the things you will need:
- Pumpkin outline
- variety of orange paper
- 1 small brown paper scrap
- whole punch
- green pipe cleaners
- clear contact paper
- black sharpie marker
- jute or other yarn or string
1. Cut out your pumpkins so it leaves just the black outline (cut out center of pumpkin and stem, plus around pumpkins)
2. Place black outline face side down on sticky contact paper
3. rip up orange piece of paper to put in the center of the pumpkin, rip up small brown piece for inside the stem part
4. cover the back of the pumpkin with clear contact paper
5. trim pumpkins
6. Punch one whole in the stem for a vine and put in your green pipe cleaner. (I used 1/2 a pipe cleaner per pumpkin and then twisted it around a pencil to get it curly.
7. Punch two more small wholes under the stem to string you pumpkins on your yarn. You need two holes or they won’t lay right.
8. Add your favorite verse or fall greeting. I used the following verse.
Sit back and enjoy you beautiful fall garland that you made for very little money.