Thoughts this year of Easter were filled with images of Dad. Though I searched through tons of cute pictures of my kids, cousins, family… one face was absent. His voice was silent and in all the noise of our 20 + family gathering I was still searching to hear his voice, his laugh, and his questions. His birthday was April 20th, Resurrection Sunday! How appropriate! Though thoughts kept thinking of dad… the next thought was of the hope of heaven possible because of Christ’s death and resurrection. This earthly life is NOT the end. My word this year has been NEW. The verse that I’m going to memories to keep me going is
Isaiah 43. 18-19 ” Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a NEW thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
Though sometimes it seems that we will never get out of the wilderness of grief or there is always a new turn .. God’s hand is there to lead you out of the wilderness.
Fun With Family Highlights:
- Fun with cousins- painting nails, playing Wii (with pretend remotes), bubbles with Anne, making shakers with: spoons, beans and plastic eggs.
- Lillian was so excited for Easter she got up and put on her Easter Dress and then went back to sleep the night before. She said, “I thought that I wouldn’t have to do it in the morning”
- Chris and I got to go on a breakfast date to little restaurant in Sherburn. He had filet Minion for breakfast:)
- We did the stations of the cross walk on Good Friday. Bryan and Jeff participated by carrying the cross. We walked around Fairmont and read scripture and prayed. Amazing! Last year Dad participated and they dedicated the walk in memory of Dad this year!
- Chris made yummy homemade chocolate pudding, and Pie!
- The Whole family was home to celebrate Easter and Dad’s birthday. Jeff made a DVD slideshow of pictures to honor dad! Not an eye was dry.
- A family friend made a memorial statue in on honor of dad. It is a flower made from different farm machinery (some even from our old turkey building) On the bottom he put a letter for all of our names and GC for grandkids. He also made a Turkey, as a nod to dad’s years raising those birds. What amazing Friends!
Coloring Easter Eggs and Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Sunday Photos