I love fall and projects with the girls. I had seen this apple garland with the fruits of the spirit written on it out on Pinterest & thought it was a perfect fall project. I’m always trying to say the fruits of the spirit with Lillian and it’s a good visual reminder myself.
- Clear Contact paper
- Red and Green paper
- Apple cutout (9 or 10 with a title apple) Here is the PDF apple fruits of the spirit
- Yarn or string
- Hole punch
Then after you are done cutting, place the apple cutouts face down(printed side) on the contact paper. I taped down the contact paper to keep it from rolling up. Fill in the openings on the apple and leaves with the red and great paper. It was a lot of apples so I helped a bit too.
When the apples are complete put another layer of contact paper on to seal up the apples. Cut out apples leaving a little border around with the contact paper. Punch two holes in the leaf of the apple so you can thread the yarn through (two holes will keep the apples from turning on the garland). Then we read The Fruits Alive book to talk about the Fruits of the Spirit we were going to write on each apple. Write each Fruit of the Spirit on an apple. Hang up and enjoy!
“But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” -Galatians 5:22-23
– Bear Much Fruit is a great song to teach kids the Fruits of the Spirit. This is off the Sing and Sprout CD
– This project is a little bit long( 1 hour) so you can either do it in two sessions or pick a longer period of time to
– What else happened behind the scenes?
– Norah cried… threw little bears all over the floor… colored on the table and had to take a nap
– Lillian pooped on the chair… (yes, and she was not wearing undies at the time… )
– I started to write the Fruits of the spirit and realized I only did 8 apples and not 9.. realizing this
after we had cleaned up and were pretty much done.
Pretty much a normal day around here… and this afternoon while I sit and write…I am freshly showered twice because Norah puked up Mac and Cheese in the car on the way to her Dr. Visit. It’s a good thing that I worked on Patience this morning!