Life sure has been busy these last two months, mainly because now you are a girl on the move. You started crawling a few times on vacation but it really didn’t kick in till about midway through last month. Then the very next day you decided to step up your game and pull yourself to standing. You also started eating a bunch of foods over the past month. Some of your favorites currently are: bananas, carrots, peas, applesauce, cheerios and PUFFS.
Some of my favorite things about this age and stage:
- Crawling toward want you want ie toys, however, this also means: legos, cords, and anything left on the floor.
- Being a part of the table at supper. We put you in the clip on highchair and you are so much happier now that you are sitting up with the whole family.
- You are starting to explore EVERYTHING- but I am happy that you are starting to explore books.
- You like to crawl all around the house so we have pretty much put all the big baby equipment!
- You love bath time and everything water related! You stand up by the outside of the tub until I finally say it’s your time.
- You are a happy and joyful baby but you make others work for your smiles.
- Little enough to pick up and hold and carry. At your 9th month appointment you still were only 15 pounds and 4 ounces and 26 inches. Only 5th percent tile for height and weight.
I think that the reason this age is so fun is because you are learning new things every single day. Even though you are our 4th baby it is still SO exciting to watch you learn how to crawl, stand up, babble, and interact with each of us. First are the bests. Norah commented that, “Amelia has had a whole bunch of firsts: Christmas, Valentines and now Easter.”
We love you lots our sweet Amelia Joy!
Keep on growing and moving … we will try to keep up!